Tuesday, October 11, 2022

Our time is now - our rights, our future


The assembly celebrating international day of the girl child was something warm and really close to heart. The fellow student teachers narrated anecdotes from their lives to remind the audience that 'being a girl child is not easy'. I found every bit of life shared in the assembly highly relatable. The assembly conveyed a great deal regarding the struggles that every girl goes through on a daily basis in a deeply patriarchal society. Bhagya recited the famous poem by Maya Angelou that goes ,

'... I'm a woman

Phenomenally.

Phenomenal woman, 

That's me.'

The day exhorted us to  believe in ourselves, follow our dreams and fight everything that comes in between.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Adios.

It was the last day of Internship. I engaged 8C during the third period. I was feeling emotional. I had loved this class since the beginning...