Monday, January 9, 2023

School Induction Programme - Day 5🖤

The fifth day of the school induction programme went really good. I reached the school by 9 30. After the prayer and pledge, we signed our attendance roll. We were given a schedule to engage the students in various periods during the whole day. Ashly, Bhagya and I went to the 6th standard and held a short interactive session with the students. We were also asked to supervise their PT period. Students divided themselves into teams and played football.

We gathered the remaining information and completed the process of data collection and took necessary photographs of the school premises. We engaged substitution hours allotted to us since some teachers were absent. During the lunch break a student of 8th standard came and gave me a tin of curry. It felt really special.

In the afternoon session, we took the third shared lesson which dealt with grammar in 9th standard. The students listened attentively. I was assigned the duty of handling VII A during the last period which was a PT period. As the equipments to play carrom, chess and ludo were insufficient, I made them play penalty shootout instead. The students thoroughly enjoyed it and told me that they felt really happy. We distributed sweets among the students and bid farewell to them.

After the national anthem, we signed our attendance roll and the same was attested by the HM. We met the teachers including the Principal, Manju Teacher and Padma Kumar Sir in person and took our leave.

It was the end of the 5 day long school induction programme which was a vivid chapter of the B.Ed life. The induction programme gave insights into the various aspects of the profession we're about to step into and the learners we're about to deal with. It personally helped me place myself as a teacher in a classroom and take up the expected role of a facilitator.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Adios.

It was the last day of Internship. I engaged 8C during the third period. I was feeling emotional. I had loved this class since the beginning...