Monday, July 29, 2024

29/07/2024

I engaged 8C during the third period. As soon as I entered the class, learners sang happy birthday. I felt special. I was really happy. Afterwards, we discussed the last stanza of From A Railway Carriage by RL Stevenson. After silent reading, I asked them to pass the marker among themselves and write the new words one by one on the white board. Learners were so excited to write on the board. Then we discussed the meaning of the words. While discussing tramp, I asked them whether they can guess a synonym for the same and wrote the clue on the board with dash assigned to missing letters. Athira told Wagamon as I wrote v and g. Since I was preoccupied with the word, I clapped for her and asked the learners to do the same. The whole class burst into laughter. Later, we identified the poetic devices and rhyme scheme as well.

I conducted a test paper for 9B during the last period based on Dreams Realised and Nothing Twice. There were 5 comprehension questions from the prose part and an appreciation from the poetry part. Learners managed to finish writing within the stipulated time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Adios.

It was the last day of Internship. I engaged 8C during the third period. I was feeling emotional. I had loved this class since the beginning...