Thursday, July 4, 2024

The Nobel Prize Ceremony..🎖️

I engaged 9 B during the fourth and fifth periods. I had planned an activity lesson for them based on Debts of Gratitude including a certificate of appreciation and an announcement. To be honest, I had second thoughts regarding whether to do this or not since the learners weren't very cooperative. However, I ended up deciding to give it a try. I had taken handouts of the template of announcement and certificate for each group. I played the videos about the basic details of The Nobel Prize and of Malala Yousafzai being invited to receive the Nobel Peace Prize. Learners were asked to curate an announcement and a certificate of apprecication in their groups. Later, they were asked to recreate the Nobel Prize Ceremony. Each group was asked to select an announcer, an awardee and Selma Lagerlof from their group in order to do this. To my surprise, each and every one of them contributed towards the lesson. They practiced the ceremony and even made pay cheque to give along with the certificate. It was heartening to see. 


I had prepared a banner using canva welcoming all to the Nobel Prize Ceremony and played the award function music in the background. It went so well. Every group added an element of novelty while recreating the ceremony. I understood how textual activities can be transformed into learning experiences that learners would absolutely love. 

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/172_Um07acFRgw2-DNXaXx2GMWlMtiblP

Later, we discussed phrases used to express gratitude and the concept of gratitude card. Learners were asked to make gratitude cards as an assignment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Adios.

It was the last day of Internship. I engaged 8C during the third period. I was feeling emotional. I had loved this class since the beginning...