Friday, July 5, 2024

We're the World

I engaged 8C during the third period. We discussed We're the World. I asked the learners to recollect instances from their life whe  they witnessed moments where people came together for a common cause for the sake of mankind and prioritized the society. As they had experienced the covid pandemic and the great flood really early in their life, they had many memories to share. It was warm to listen to learners talking about how these times of darkness influenced them.

The learners were asked to read the song and identify the themes being discussed. Later we held a democratic discussion around the song and its message. Most of the learners participated in the discussion and gave their inputs. Many of them had thoughts to share, but the language seemed to be a barrier. I encouraged and gave then scaffolding so that they could what's going on within them. Yet, some of them told their views in mother tongue which I translated into English simultaneously.

Due to the parents meeting, I missed my class with 9B during the sixth period.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Adios.

It was the last day of Internship. I engaged 8C during the third period. I was feeling emotional. I had loved this class since the beginning...