Tuesday, October 31, 2023

Back to School

I engaged 8J during the first hour. I dealt with the first 3 stanzas of The Sower. Introduction activity went as I had anticipated and all three learers who got the packages guessed that the theme of today's lesson will be farming. I wrote a quote by MS Swaminathan on the blackboard and initiated a discussion about the importance of agriculture. Learners shared their opinions and I wrote their responses on the board. The poem was short and simple. While appreciating the poem, I mentioned personification and alliteration and learners identified instances of personification they've come across and created examples for alliteration using their names. After the first hour, I engaged them for another hour during which two learners got into a verbal fight. I stood there watching and once it was settled, I told them how important it is to make sure that the opppsite person is not hurt, whenever we are engaging in a conversation or something else. I told them how important it is to apologize if they end up hurting people by chance.

I was told to conduct a test based on the poem 'Song of the Rain' in 9C. Shameem Teacher has handed over the questions to me. I reached the class by 1 10 and wrote the stanza for the comprehension question on the white board. I dictated the questions. Some of the learners were attending the IT exam and I postponed the exam by 10 minutes so that they could finish their exam and have their lunch. A learner randomly mentioned that she found it compassionate that I decided to do so. I felt happy hearing it. I realized how these small gestures and deeds leave a positive impact on the learners.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Adios.

It was the last day of Internship. I engaged 8C during the third period. I was feeling emotional. I had loved this class since the beginning...