Thursday, October 12, 2023

Day 4♥


The first period was with 8J. I dealt with Montgomery bus boycott. Afer the loud reading, I played the original video clip of Martin Luther King Jr inaugurating the boycott to which learners actively paid attention. I asked the learners to prepare slogans for the boycott and gave colour papers and sketch pens to them. I had taken blue, red and orange papers with me. Everyone wanted blue papers and I didnt have enough blue papersn. It gave me the insight that I should be more aware of the minute things like choosing colour of the papers to be given. The slogans came out actually good and the learners presented their slogans. A learner passed me the paper after drawing a rose and park and labelling it as Rosa Parks. Though funny it was interesting to see how divergently learners approach things.

The class with 9J dealt with second part of The Jungle Air Crash. It was kind of dry and the learners appeared to be disinterested in the lesson as I did the teacher reading part. However, after the silent reading, learners actively participated by pointing out a lot of words and the powerpoint was able to explain the meanings. During the comprehension part, learners asked doubts regarding Juliane being the only survivor and how she managed to remove herself from the seatbelt. I had done an extended reading about the air crash prior to the class and managed to answer them. I realized how important it is to always refer to facts outside the text.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Adios.

It was the last day of Internship. I engaged 8C during the third period. I was feeling emotional. I had loved this class since the beginning...