Tuesday, November 21, 2023

21/11/2023

I engaged 8E during the first period. I started the new lesson A Day in the Country, a beautiful short story by Anton Chekhov. When asked their thoughts on village life and city life, learners had very different opinions. Some of them loved village life as it offered calmness and the warmth of nature while some others preferred  city life as all services and facilities were easily accessible. 2 or 3 of them ended up choosing a middle ground and told me that they'd spend weekdays in city and weekends in village. I asked them to write a paragraph on My Village and told them that it can be their own village, a village they've visited or an imaginary village. Learners seemed curious and excited while writing it and came up with creative write-ups.


I engaged 9C in the afternoon. I took a direct instruction model lesson to discuss modal auxiliaries. Since the projector wasn't working, I had difficulty transacting the content. However, I repeated the definitions, rules and examples in order to ensure the effective transmission of the content. Learners actively contributed to the teaching-learning process and finally managed to create their own examples of sentences with modal auxiliaries.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Adios.

It was the last day of Internship. I engaged 8C during the third period. I was feeling emotional. I had loved this class since the beginning...