Monday, November 27, 2023

Gender Stereotype in The Happiness Machine

I had only one class that too during the last period in 9C. I discussed a small portion from The Happiness Machine and asked learners to compare the domestic roles of Leo Auffman and Lena. Learners told me how stereotypical it was that Lena was ironing the clothes and acting anxious about the household chores while Leo acted carefree and carried on with his fancy of the happiness machine. I shared my opinion about the graveness of the grand narratives propagated through the media that tie women to the kitchen and let men roam around freely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Adios.

It was the last day of Internship. I engaged 8C during the third period. I was feeling emotional. I had loved this class since the beginning...