Thursday, November 2, 2023

New responsibilities♥


As we were walking to the office, a learner was standing at the corridor. She was crying and having difficulty to breathe. We made her lay in a bench, warmed up her limbs, called her parents and Najma teacher took her to the hospital. I was told to wait at the office since another teacher was engaging 8J. I engaged 8J during the second hour and completed The Sower. I had planned to make them write an appreciation of the poem. But the learners said that they didn't know how to write one. Thus, I made them write answers of the textual questions. I decided to engage them for another hour and teach them how to write an appreciation. I collected their notebooks to assess their works and writing. I corrected the minute errors and left a note of positive reinforcement on the margin.

My class with 9C dealt with The Last Leaf. When we were discussing the difficult words and I was explaining Bohemian I mentioned how they hate institutions like families and all. The learners asked me whether family is an institution. I told them that marriage, family, school etc. are all institutions. A learner asked me if friendship is one. I gave them scaffolding questions and they found the answer on their own. Then when we were discussing 'stalking', I mentioned Annayum Rasoolum movie and how Fahad stalks her. I told them that stalking is a crime and shouldn't be celebrated or normalized. I'm loving the fact that I'm getting to discuss such things to the learners.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Adios.

It was the last day of Internship. I engaged 8C during the third period. I was feeling emotional. I had loved this class since the beginning...