Monday, July 22, 2024

22/07/2024

 I engaged 8C during the third period. We discussed the final part of 'A Shipwrecked Sailor'. Learners were excited to finally know whether Velasco survived or not. As I  shared how Velasco was rescued after spending 10 days on the raft without food or water, they had all sorts of doubts. While asking the comprehension questions, some of the learners struggled to answer correctly. We also completed the mind map based on the story and discussed the main events leading upto the rescue of Velasco.

During the 7th period, I engaged 9B. We started discussing a new lesson titled 'The Toilet' by Gcina Mhlope. As an introduction to the lesson, I told them about Virginia Woolf's A Room of One's own. We discussed how important it is to have personal space in a world full of chaos and noise. A video about a woman craving for personal space and finally finding it inside a cardboard box was screened. The woman finds peace in a reverie she has while she's inside the box. Following this, learners were given chits to describe their personal space. They came up with answers like freedom, peace, cozy etc. The class went really smooth. Learners actively contributed to the lesson by interacting, answering the comprehension questions and completing the activity within the stipulated time. 

Sheena ma'am had come to observe my class. She gave an overview of points to be taken care of and my weak areas. She explained how I need to work on my intonation and facial expression and use language more freely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Adios.

It was the last day of Internship. I engaged 8C during the third period. I was feeling emotional. I had loved this class since the beginning...