Thursday, July 11, 2024

Modern Times🎞️

I engaged 9B during the fourth period. Since a workshop was being conducted for the members of little kites, science club and eco club, the number of learners present in the class was very low. We discussed the meeting of Gandhiji and Charlie Chaplin. We talked about industrial revolution, unemployment, self-sufficiency, swadeshi movement etc. In between the class, I screeened the factory scene taken from 'Modern Times. Learners laughed their heads off and a wave of energy came into the class. As the classroom activity, the learners were asked to imagine and write the conversation between Gandhi and Chaplin and present it before the class. The time management skills of most of the learners aren't satisfactory. They misspelled many words and messed up the grammar of sentences, which I feel is a serious problem. 2 groups were given chance to present the conversation. Issac sir had come to observe our class. He told me to improve my body language and movemeny and use a pointer while explaining or reading slides. 

I engaged 9B in the afternoon during the fifth period. We discussed the role of Indian women in the freedom struggle in Gandhiji's perspective. I screened a video by Swaddle where this topic is further explained. Video response sheets were given to learners that were meant to be filled up after watching the video. I played the video 2 times. Yet, the learners struggled to finish the activity. In spite of repeating the instructions, they listed the interesting things as words like Dandi March, freedom struggle, Sarojini Naidu etc. A group spelled independence as 'intipendence' which literally shocked me. 

Later, in the substitution period, I screened clips of Chaplin's films which made the class sunk into laughter.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Adios.

It was the last day of Internship. I engaged 8C during the third period. I was feeling emotional. I had loved this class since the beginning...